Friday, June 13, 2014

Back to London

Only two weeks ago I finally managed to find a ticket to Richie's show. The tickets had sold out so quickly, I hadn't been able to get one. Honestly, I couldn't really afford one back then anyway but I needed to see him.

On Facebook I saw a page post about somebody selling two tickets for the London show so I immediately grabbed my chance and messaged the person in question. Luckily she didn't mind selling only one to me. I was happy enough with one ticket, sure with a friend it would be fun but my friends still didn't like my music and I had lost contact with a lot of friends after college.

Today was the day.

Sadly, I wasn't able to leave the building as early as I had wanted to but when I was finally outside, I was only half an hour late.

At least the tube was almost always on time and today it was, I quickly got on, with the morning-rush it was quite busy so I had to stand all the way to the station I needed to get off and get on another. It was my way to get around London, quick and much cheaper than buying a car and in fact, must faster too.

When I got there, there were a few people there already. There were always people before me but I'd done quite well in getting here on time.

I checked my ticket in my pocket and got in line behind a group of 30-something women that were all showing much more excitement than I was.

As long as I got the front as much as possible as last time, maybe he'd recognize me in the crowd. Just like he had done last time. He had to.

The line was pretty calm for the next four hours until Richie showed up! Right there!

The queue had grown immensly and now Richie arrived right here.

He was looking just as good as two years ago, I realized I had missed him in those two years.

While he stopped for autographs for everyone, he caught my eye and smiled at me. Was he just smiling to be nice or did he remember?

A few seconds later he came over and we did exactly the same as all the other fans, he signed a piece of paper for me and as he continued to the person next to me, I snapped a few pictures of him with my crappy phone.

As he went into the building a few minutes later, the crowd quieted down significantly, it had become so calm and quiet now even though people were very eager for the show to start. So was I.

I was almost sure he had recognized me.

He had to recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment